Ropstam is currently seeking an experienced and dynamic leader to fill the role of Director, Web & Mobile Development, responsible for managing the technology product development of over 100+ premium branded digital websites and apps.
The successful candidate will work closely with Product Owners, User Experience & Design, Infrastructure, Business Development, Marketing and Sales teams to translate functional needs into fantastic digital products that will scale to meet the increasing consumer demand for content accessed via a wide spectrum of devices and browsers.
You’re extremely passionate about digital media and have deep knowledge of the appropriate technologies, teams and skills needed to consistently deliver engaging digital customer experiences.You have deep digital product development experience, leading cross-functional teams to deliver great products across broad online portfolios. You love building great digital products!
What you will be doing…
- Leading technology development across all digital media products and platforms, specifically Web and Mobile.
- Defining the balance between the appropriate technology strategy, technical architecture and tactical project delivery to minimize accumulation of technical debt.
- Evaluating new and emerging technologies and technologies of prospective vendors, acquisitions, and partners.
- Facilitating cross-functional collaboration across the organization.
- Constantly improving and growing an innovative, forward-thinking, customer-focused, enthusiastic and business-oriented technology development team.
- Guiding the adoption of “agile” cultural values and processes, instilling a culture of innovation, empowerment, transparency, broad collaboration and customer focus.
- Anticipating, understanding and conveying emerging digital trends and technologies that will enhance product effectiveness.
Required skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years of digital product and software development leadership experience across a broad range of online technologies.
- Strong, deep full-stack experience across a diverse variety of web technologies and frameworks.
- Experience with the WordPress content management system, preferably in a large scale, high performance, high availability environment is beneficial.
- Experience with mobile native app development, specifically across iOS and Android.
- Strong understanding of the digital media space, ad technologies and associated revenue models.
- Significant digital product development experience.
- Digital thought leader with the ability to gather and synthesize disparate input, clarify direction, build alignment and execute on delivery.
- Deep experience with lean/agile development methodologies and development team leadership.
- Strong working level understanding of modern software development practices such as Scrum, XP, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment.
- Strong problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to analyze new and complex requirements and rapidly assess both business and technical impact.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, influencing and presentation skills.
- Experience integrating 3rd party solutions, search and recommendation engines, analytics and customer measurement, advertising platforms, and/or payment and credit card processing services.