Our software developers rank among the top 1%
Software Project Manager
Ropstam is seeking an experienced Software Project Manager experience to join our rapidly growing team.
Software Project Manager
Ropstam is seeking an experienced Software Project Manager experience to join our rapidly growing team. As a project manager, you will be responsible for the delivery and launch of multiple full-lifecycle software developments and digital platform projects. Working collaboratively with distributed teams of designers, engineers, leads, and product managers, you’ll be responsible for leading and managing teams to ensure that projects stay on time and within budget while ensuring the delivery of high-quality products and services.
9 am to 6 pm
- Create, prioritize, communicate, manage, and execute roadmaps, project plans, and commitments
- Report on the status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
- Foster a culture of continuous software improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
- Hire, coach, and mentor individuals; build a strong cross-functional organization
- Bring innovative ideas to the table every day, in order to find better ways of accomplishing our customer objectives
- Set clear, measurable quality goals for an organization in a data-driven way
- Build, mentor, and manage a team of web developers (back-end, front-end, and integrators)
- Manage projects that range in size and scope but are extremely strategic to the business
- Lead the support team, which handles bugs and support requests
- Communicate with internal clients about progress, deadlines, and roadblocks
- Perform daily follow up on ongoing tasks, removing roadblocks as needed
- Determine and implement best practices regarding development, and align yourself with other development departments
- Motivate the web development team and ensure it’s working at maximum efficiency
- Conduct all task management activities in JIRA/Asana/Trello/Podio
- Determine and enforce the web development lifecycle workflows (code reviews, QA, go-live process, release notes, documentation)
- Cultivate operational excellence through metrics and continuous learning
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical discipline
- 3+ years of project management experience
- Proven experience in managing eCommerce projects and initiatives.
- 2+ years of proven proficiency in Full-Stack development
- Experience in developing and using service APIs
- Experience with back-end product platforms (PHP, MySQL)
- Excellent understanding of both relational and NoSQL databases (MySQL, MongoDB).
- The ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A thorough understanding of software development in a team and a strong track record of shipping software
- Strong technical and business vision
- Strong knowledge of virtualization and container technologies (Docker)
- Experience working collaboratively using version control systems (Git/GitLab).
- Expertise using Swagger and/or Postman tools
- Experience with AWS and dev ops would be an asset but not required.
- Implementing, adopting, and emerging the new technological changes to the existing software/environment going forward for the improvement of the customer-facing software solution.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Agile methodology and/or an established release protocol.
- Advanced and creative problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in design, development, testing, and support.
- Ability to understand and communicate the business impact of technical issues
- Curious and inquisitive with strong analytic and decision-making abilities