Ropstam is looking for DevOps Engineer. As a dev ops engineer your job will be to establish milestones for necessary contributions from departments and develop processes to facilitate their collaboration. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with other departments and team members while working on different layers of integration throughout our infrastructure.
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure.
- Understanding the needs of stakeholders and conveying this to developers.
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes.
- Testing and examining code written by others and analysing results.
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and ‘fixes’.
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended.
- Planning out projects and being involved in project management decisions.
- Assist other departments in creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions and demonstrating them to other members of the team.
- Provide clear goals for all areas of a project and develop steps to oversee their timely execution.
- Design, build, and maintain tools to automate operational processes and support developer operations.
- Work on and educate the development team to identify and remove performance bottlenecks, scaling chokepoints, single points of failure, and to optimize our software and systems.
- Stay up to date on relevant technologies, trends, and opportunities to ensure we always use the best possible techniques and tools.
- Minimum 3+ years experience in a complex development environment
- Monitoring complex cloud based applications for errors and performance
- Working experience with AWS VPC, Security, S3, EC2, IAM, Networking,
- AMI, billing, Account management, Cloudfront, RDS, EBS, tagging, EKS, Code Pipeline
- Ability to define, design, and implement an automated continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) system
- Strong skills of automation and DevOps toolchain (CodePipeline,Codebuild, CodeDeploy, ECS, CloudFormation, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of AWS services
- Good knowledge of Azure services
- Hands on experience in AWS Databases including RDS, MSSQL, SQL
- Aurora and Postgres
- Hands on experience in AWS NOSQL Databases including DocumentDB,
- Redshift and DynamoDB
- Experience with configuration management, orchestration,automation tools
- Demonstrated ability to write programs using a high-level programming languages/scripting, such as Java, Python, UNIX shell, Perl, etc.
- Technical knowledge of infrastructure components such as Networks, Routing, Firewall, Storage, Linux Servers.
- Strong problem-solving skills debugging and analytical skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Experience with build automation tools, preferably GitHub Actions.
- Advanced Docker knowledge.
- Handling WordPress managed Repos.
- Working on GIT and bitbucket.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related field